Now that you have set up the plugin and the default messages for IP-Address-Limitation (access success and denied), you need to add the rule to the content to complete your 'IP-address limitation' implementation.
1. Admin > Customize > Content. Click to edit your app.
2. Move to 'Advanced,' then select 'Manage Rules,' the first option.
3. Move to 'Rules' and select a rule or click on '+New Rule' (or + Add link inside an already added Rule).
Optional rules: When you want users to meet with any one of two or more rules, example pay through PayPal or with Cash
Combined rules: When you want users to meet with all of the selected rules to proceed. Example, pay 'Cash' and 'Address' is needed
How? Click on the '+ New Rule' button to add as 'optional' Click on the '+ Add' button to add as 'combined' (while there is already a rule)
4. Click on the '+ Add' button; all available rules display. Select 'IP-Address Limitation.'
5. When prompted, provide the IP/network to validate. Any users who initiate access from within this IP will be granted access with the success message and access granted. The others will see the error message that you defined in the 'error' tab of setting up IP-Address limitation.
Depending on the plugins you have subscribed to, or installed, you might see more rules.
6. 'Save' the rule.
7. Click on the 'Back' button, and in the main content screen, click 'Put online' to publish your changes on users' devices. The button's caption changes from 'Put online' to 'Published' once the changes have been applied successfully.