Once you have created an Apple-ID you can get continue and sign-up for the Apple Developer Account.
To create an Apple Developer Account you need first to choose whether you want to be listed as an individual person or as a company. Depending on your legal status, you can choose between:
Enrolling as an Individual
This one suits a personal project just fine. Your personal name will appear in the "Developer" field on the App Store.
2. Click on the bottom button "Start Your Enrollment"
3. Login with your Apple-ID
4. Accept the Apple Developer Agreement by checking the box and clicking on "Submit"
5. Click on "Continue enrollment on the web"
6. Fill out the form and click on the bottom right corner on "Continue"
7. Select your entity type. Select "Individual / Sole Proprietor" if you are not a legally registered company. Select "Company / Organization" if you are a registered organization.
Depending on what you have selected, you need to follow the next guide: