Creating Facebook App ID & Facebook App Secret in Facebook using developer account
Entering Facebook App ID & Facebook App Secret in Zappter
Creating App ID & App Secret in Facebook:
Your app URL Ensure to have your web app URL while completing the below steps. Here is how to get your web app URL from Zappter:
Log in to your admin.
Open your profile menu and your web app link is the first option available under this menu.
Make a note or copy the URL.
Your app will utilize Facebook's user account information to give app users access to register a new user or sign in; you need to make sure that Facebook is aware of it. You accomplish this by creating these credentials in Facebook and add them in Zappter. This plugin simplifies your integration using Facebook APIs. However, you need to set up the Facebook side for it.
There are plenty of articles about setting up Facebook OAuth2.0 Facebook App ID & App Secret in developer account are available on the internet as well. Or, you can follow through with the steps explained in detail below.
2. Create a new app by clicking on the 'Create App' button. And, select the 'Consumer,' and click on 'Continue.'
3. Enter App Display Name, App Contact Email, and click on 'Create App.'
4. Complete security check and click on 'Submit.'
5. Your Facebook app is created and it prompts with below 'Add Products to Your App' screen. Click on 'Set Up' of 'Facebook Login.'
6. Select 'Web' from the platform in the next screen.
7. Enter your web app URL in the next screen and save.
8. Save and continue. Rest of the steps below are not required at this time.
9. Go to the 'Settings' section and choose 'Basic' in your dashboard. Fill in the mandatory fields, App Domains, and Contact Email" -> here we need to put that app domain is web app without HTTPS, eg [you app].eu1.zappter.com
10. Navigate to Facebook Login section and press 'Settings.'
11. Enter you Valid OAuth Redirect URL (your web app URL) and click on 'Save Changes.'
Note: Your web app URL is should look similar to this, HTTPS://[your app].eu1.zappter.com/app/ (notice that it ends with /app/. You can either add it manually after copying the URL under 'Your Web-App Link' in your profile menu in Zappter or click on the link to open it in a new browser tab and copy the URL)
12. Click on 'Get Advanced Access,' below.
13. Click again on "Get advanced access" in "public_profile" row as below.
14. Confirm the usage of public_profile data.
16. Go to Settings > Basic. Here you can find the App ID and App Secret that you will need in Zappter to complete the integration.
Entering App ID & App Secret in Zappter:
Back in Zappter, you need to update App ID and App Secret. Below steps guide you.
1. Admin > Settings > Social Auth. Then select 'Facebook' tab there.
2. Enter previously copied App ID and App Secret. And save to complete.